Happy New Year ! I hope everyone had a relaxing, family fun, Christmas break and was able to recharge. I pray that 2021 brings us a better year! I wanted to make you aware of some important information and updates.
- Testing Update: Due to myOnSite Healthcare not being able to provide the New York State required Yellow Zone weekly testing, we have engaged the services of Somos Community Care to conduct the weekly random testing at the school. The test is easy, quick, and safe. A Q-Tip like swab is used to swab the nasal passage. This is not a Rapid COVID Test it is a PCR Test. In lieu of submitting new Consent forms we are advising you of this change of testing vendors. If you wish to change your consent response you are asked to please notify the School Principal at email@example.com if not the original consent form will be accepted with Somos Community Care as the approved testing vendor.
- Our hope is to begin testing this week, test for two weeks and have the threshold be below the percentage so that we test out of the yellow zone testing. We need your cooperation in doing so; if we DO NOT come up with the children to test then we will be forced to shut out doors as per the executive order. If you have not already given consent to have your child tested, I would ask that you please do so. This is so important in keeping our doors open. If you would like to be present for testing we will work with you to make that happen as well. Please make sure you have joined your child’s class dojo as we may need to do notifications through dojo, when we are informed.
- We will be continuing the 1:30 P.M. Dismissal for the month of January, I was hoping positivity numbers would be better and we would be able to return to regular dismissal times, but with the numbers continuing to go up I would like to continue to keep them at 1:30, I will reevaluate them each month and keep you informed.
- Please note that TerraNova testing will NOT be given until Fall of 2021. Please disregard testing dates on the calendar.
- I regret to inform you that due to the lack of interest in the Afterschool program, we will be discontinuing afterschool from 3-6 until further notice. If this causes a problem or concern, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Early morning drop off will continue to be available each morning beginning at 7:20 a.m.
- As you may have noticed from the calendar, Catholic Schools week as well all know will look different this year, it has also been pushed back this year due to Covid-19 restrictions. We are working for a low scale Catholic Schools week to take place February 7-13, 2021.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have at email@example.com
Stay safe and well: Mrs. DiLorenzo