I hope this finds everyone safe and well. Please remember that school will be closed tomorrow, December 8, 2020 in observance of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception.
- Testing the 20% school population will begin on Wednesday, December 9th. If your child has been chosen a letter has been sent home to inform you. If you requested to come in and be here when your child is tested we will call you Wednesday morning once the company arrives. Thank you for your patience and understanding regarding the testing policy. The way the guidelines stand if we test twice and are under the rolling average then we will not need to test anymore.
- Report cards will be sent home on Thursday, December 10th. Please note that you must be in good financial standing in order to receive your report card. If you need to come in to pay an outstanding balance I ask that you call the office to schedule a time to come in.
- Friday will be our first virtual conference day and remote learning day. All students will be at home and not in the school building. We have some guidelines for remote learning that need to be followed.
- All children must be present for remote learning morning meeting from 8:45-9:45. The link will be posted in the child’s google classroom. This is where the teacher will provide a mini lesson and explain the work that they will be expected to complete. The children are expected to have their camera on and be in school uniform. Just as if they were in school. Attendance will be taken at the morning meeting. If the child is not there they will be marked absent, if they are late they will be marked late.
- At 9:45 they will be completing their work independently.
- From 10:45-11:30 they will have another live session that all children are expected to attend. Another mini lesson will be completed and more work will be explained.
- Teachers will have office hours from 1-1:30 for any child that has questions about the work or needs some additional support. All work should be completed and submitted to be graded NO LATER THAN 2 p.m. Please be aware that Google Classroom time stamps all work and anything submitted after 2 p.m. will have points taken off.
- Thank you for your support while we create a structured environment for the children to work remotely for the day.
- I would ask that you reach out to your child’s teacher through dojo or option c to let them know if you would like to have a zoom conference or phone conference, please do not contact the office.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay safe and well!
Mrs. Jennifer DiLorenzo