The New York City Department of Education has announced that all public schools will be closed tomorrow, Monday March 4, 2019. Therefore, Notre Dame Catholic Academy will be closed also. Please be safe!
Morning Activity –
- I would like to the Veteran’s that came to visit the school. It was great listening to your stories and thank you for answering our questions. Most importantly Thank you for your service and for fighting to us to have our freedom. We will continue collecting our goods and send them to you on Friday.
Afternoon Activity – Religion Bee
- Congratulations to all of our Religion Bee Participants and to the winners.
In grades 3-5
Maria Saif – 1st Place
Victoria Dzienis – 2nd Place
Lupe tacuri – 3rd Place
In grades 6-8
Kassidy Fontanez – 1st Place
Maya Wierciszewski – 2nd Place
Kassandra Fontanez- 3rd Place
As we prepare for our Open House and Mass on Sunday, January 27, 2019 at 10:30 – (Mass at OLMM Church with Open House immediately following) I would like to thank Mrs. Rufano an NDCA parent for making a video that we will be showing to prospective families on Sunday.
Feel free to watch it! I hope you love it as much as I did!
Catholic Schools Week
At Notre Dame Catholic
Good morning. My name is Alexandra Sciacca and I am a proud student of the wonderful “Notre Dame Catholic Academy of Ridgewood.” I am in 7th grade, and have attended the academy for almost 9 years. I have made many friendships, and have learned several things. If you are wondering, “What makes this academy so amazing?” Well, that’s the best part. The teachers teach the five main subjects including Religion. The academy also offers electives such as: Gym, Art, Music, and Italian. There are also great clubs such as Glee, Drama, Volleyball, etc., which I enjoy participating with my class. There are also fantastic extra-curricular activities that the students and I love taking part in. This includes Catholic Schools Week, as seen in the title. Catholic Schools Week is a week out of the school year that is dedicated to the students. During this week, we also grow in our faith as children of God. Some events in this week may include, our 3rd Annual Religion Bee, Student Appreciation Day, and many more events are scheduled for the week. Over the past years, the events taking place vary. To kickoff this Catholic schools week, some older students of Notre Dame Catholic Academy will be attending Sunday Mass, and our Open House to followed by the Open House will be held in our school auditorium at Notre Dame Catholic Academy on January 27th at 11:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. There will be tours, and every class will have a table that displays work that has been done by the students in certain subject areas. There will also be light refreshments as well as snacks at the Open House. I myself will be attending, and I hope to see you there!
Your Support of children at Notre Dame Catholic Academy will go further on #GivingTuesday.
On November 27, we will participate in #GivingTuesday. You can make a big impact on the lives of the children attending Notre Dame Catholic Academy, and join with thousands of people in creating a global impact that will be felt around the world.
This #GivingTuesday, help us continue to give the gift of Catholic education and enhance the programs at Notre Dame Catholic Academy.
Here are a few ways you can participate:
- Make a gift on #GivingTuesday https://notredame-ca.org/donate-to-notre-dame-catholic-academy/
- Get others to join you – Help us get the word out on social media using our school name and the hashtag #GivingTuesday
- Ask your company to match your gift. Does your employer have a formal matching gift program? Maximize your contribution. https://notredame-ca.org/donate-to-notre-dame-catholic-academy/
On behalf of the students of Notre Dame Catholic Academy, thank you for your support on #GivingTuesday.
The NDCA Mural Club run by Ms. Rosalina Alves created this beautiful mural to say thank you to our Veterans in honor of Veteran’s Day. They did a wonderful job!
I can hardly believe that it is already November and we are coming to an end of a trimester. It is also time to start thinking about where to send your child for Kindergarten in September. If your child will be 5 years old by December 31st 2019 then it is time for Kindergarten.
Please feel free to come to our Open House at Notre Dame Catholic Academy on November 27th 2018 from 6:30-7:30 p.m.and set up a tour of the Kindergarten classroom on November 28th, throughout the day.
If you are unable to attend on the 27th or 28th don’t worry we schedule tours each and every day by appointment.
- Respect is an attitude of caring about people and treating them with dignity. Respect is valuing ourselves and others. We show respect by speaking and acting with courtesy. When we are respectful, we treat others as we want to be treated. Respect includes honoring the rules of our family and school, which make life orderly and peaceful. It is knowing that every man, woman, and child deserves respect, including you. (From the Virtues Project)