Notre Dame Catholic Academy is excited to announce their first (hopefully annual) Sweetheart dance. For some time parents have been requesting a dance like a daddy/daughter or mother/son dance. We have decided to try it out and see how it goes. So we have our first scheduled “Sweetheart dance” And it does not have to be a parent that they come with it can be a grandma or grandpa even a godparent. We don’t want anyone to feel left out. This should be a lot of fun and a great way to start off Mid Winter Recess.
We hope to see you there!
Valentine Sweetheart Dance
We are excitedly preparing for Catholic Schools Week at Notre Dame Catholic Academy. As you read in the brochure that was sent home this week, we have many fun and educational activities that will highlight the important values that we focus on at NDCA – Learn, Serve, Lead, & Succeed. Your presence is welcome at many of our activities and will help make it special for our students!
Please read below for some important information for CSW:
CSW Opening Mass and Open House:
- Please join us on Sunday, January 26th, at 10:30 am at Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal Church for our Catholic Schools Week Opening Mass. Following the Mass you are encouraged to visit NDCA for our Open House from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm. Class displays will be set up in the gym and you are welcome to tour the school and enjoy some refreshments. We look forward to seeing you there and are encouraged to bring your family, friends, and neighbors.
Please note that a list of Catholic Schools Week activities went home with the children. Parents are invited to attend all events.
NDCA Religion Bee
We congratulate the following students who will be representing their classes at our Catholic Schools Week Religion Bee on Thursday, January 30th.
We will begin by distributing December Student of the Month Certificates
at 9:30 a.m. in the gym
The Religon Bee for Grades 3 to 8 will begin at 9:30 p.m.
||Noah John Lozuk
|| Vincent Angeles
|| Kaylee Gipson
|| Nicholas Guerrero
|| Milosz Kowalik
|| Jaslene Quizhpi
NDCA WINTER WONDERLAND GALA
Don’t forget to purchase your tickets to the Winter Wonderland Gala Dinner Dance!
We look forward to a fun event where you have the opportunity to eat, dance and celebrate with friends and family. We need you to support this important fundraiser!!!!
The development committee of the Board of Directors has worked hard to prepare for the event; however ticket sales are very low. If we do not reach a minimum number of ticket sales we cannot have a profitable event and will have to cancel. They will be deciding by Monday afternoon.
If the event gets cancelled we will still be having the 50/50 raffle as well as the $500 tuition discount raffle which can be applied to this year’s tuition or next years, your choice. We will be selling raffles as well as tickets to the Gala on Sunday at the Open House.
As we wind down on this first trimester I wanted to reach out and let everyone know how fabulous our students are. October was Breast Cancer Awareness month and when we notified our families that the proceeds would be going to our Beloved retired teacher Ms. Esposito, everyone jumped on board and we were able to raise over $2,500.00, the most we have ever raised. I am so proud of everyone. This is just another example of how NDCA is a family in every sense of the word.
We have just started our pantry collection for November’s service learning project and we already have almost one table completely covered with our collections for the pantry. Keep up the great work.
Some important dates to remember are:
- November 14th – Lifetouch Group Pictures
- November 14th – NED’s mindset mission assembly at 1 p.m.
- November 14th – No Pre-K For All classes will be in session, teachers and assistants will be attending a PD.
- November 15th – Individual Pictures (Dress up day no jeans or sneakers permitted)
- November 18th – No Pre-K For All classes will be in session, teachers and assistants will be attending a PD.
- November 22nd – No Nursery classes will be in session. Ms. Taranto will be at a PD session.
- November 22nd – Box Top Dress Down Day – 25 box tops or $3 dress down.
- November 24th – Family Mass at OLMM 10:30 AM
- November 27th – Thanksgiving School Celebration begins at 11:00 a.m. Dismissal is at 12:30 and after-school will NOT be available.
I would like to wish each of you a Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving. I look forward to seeing you at report card meetings on December 6th. Please remember, my door is always open.
Mrs. Jennifer DiLorenzo
We hope you have been enjoying your summer family time. I just wanted to let you know that the back-to-school letter has been mailed out. If for some reason you have not received it you can see the attachments below. Don’t forget to keep up with your summer work. It is all posted under the parents tab.
Pre-K For All Welcome Letter 2019 (1)
Welcom Back NDCA Parents 19-20